Applies to: Onsite Events
Once you're ready to start assigning athletes to heats, follow these steps:
- Go to Workout / Planning
- Click on a Workout
- Then go to Heats Assignments
Within this view, you have one of two ways to create heats:
- Create a blank canvas and manually drag athletes to the desired heat and position
- Quickly Generate Heats based on a few critierias.
Creating heats from a blank canvas:
- Enter the number of competitors you want per heat for the current workout, then click Generate Heats.
- The will calculate how many heats you may need and present a blank canvas for you to select athletes from the pick list and drag them over.
- You can filter the list by Division and select multiple athlete at a time.
- There are more options available to you in each heat by clicking the ... link
Creating heats using the Auto Generate Heats feature:
Several reasons you would use this feature:
- You just want to place athletes in and call it a day.
- You are wanting to re-assign athletes based on their current ranks (a huge time saver, especially when you need to re-act quickly)
- Click on Auto Generate Heats
- Fill in the relevant questions.
- Click Generate
More details about the Auto Generate Heats here
Repeat this process for each workout.
Quick Tip: If you have the exact same heat format for every workout, go to the next workout and click "Copy Heat" and select a workout you want to copy the heats over from.