Applies to: Onsite Events
This is an Advanced Feature
Some events will have access to chip timing systems or us some kind of mass capture system to accurately log an Athlete's performance.
This is especially useful if you're running waves of heats in large volumes, it will allow you to capture scores in a 3rd party system and quickly upload into Competition Corner for instant results.
If that system can export the Athlete's score then you can import that score directly into Competition Corner.
- First you'll need to turn the import option on. Go to Scoring Setup and set Import Scores to Use
- Then, assign an ID to each Athlete and/or Team.
- Next, export your Athlete list, by going to Reports and export your Athlete List. This export will include everything you need for your 3rd party company. The Athlete's ID number, their division, and name.
- The 3rd party company will use the list you provide them to assign each athlete a chip that matches the Athlete's ID
IT'S VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU PROVIDE THE 3RD PARTY COMPANY AN EXPORT FROM COMPETITION CORNER.
IF YOU NEED TO MAKE A CHANGE, MAKE THE EDIT IN THE SYSTEM AND RE-EXPORT, THIS INSURES THE DATA IS ACCURATE AND COMING FROM THE SOURCE.
- Open the file and do a quality check!
- Make sure Athlete numbers are in a 4 digit format, for example Athlete 1 should be 0001
- If you're importing a timed event, make sure the time is in a HH:MM:SS.mmm format, for example 5 minutes 10 seconds should be 00:05:10.000
- If you're importing a non-timed event, such as distance, weight, calories, repetitions, make sure your results are all numbers
- Once everything checks out, save the file in a CSV format.
- Within the Results section
- Select the Workout you will import the scores into
- Type the exact column name of the Athlete's ID from the CSV file
- Type the exact column name of the Athlete's Score from the CSV file
- Browse for the CSV file containing the scores
- Click Import
Once scores are imported, the only way to reverse it is to individually clear the Athlete's score, so make sure you did your quality check before importing.
If you notice a mistake after your import, you can edit the score directly in the system or you can correct the discrepancy in your import file and re-import.
Common Error Codes:
An element with the same key '' already exists in the ExpandoObject.
Make sure the import file only includes the ID and Score columns, remove everything else.
ID="XXXX" already exists
Your file has a duplicate ID number, reconcile that
Invalid Time Format
Make sure the time is in the format of HH:MM:SSS.mmm