Applicable to: Online Competitions
If you're programing a workout that has variations within a single category that accommodates a less skilled athlete, you can enable the ability to "scaled" a workout.
This is generally used for events that run combined divisions, such as an Open division.
The option available to are:
- No Scaling
- Prescribed and Scaled - A workout that has 2 variations.
- Prescribed, Intermediate and Scaled - A workout that has 3 variations.
How do rankings work?
- If an athlete performs the workout Prescribed, their rank will always be above anyone that performs a scaled version.
- If an athlete performs the workout as Intermediate, their rank will always be below a Prescribed score and higher than a Scaled score
- If an athlete performs the workout as Scaled, their rank will always be below a Prescribed and Intermediate score.
Scores are notated as
- (i) if a score was performed with an Intermediate variation and
- (s) if a score was performed with a Scaled variation
The example leaderboard below illustrations how ranks are determined.
Note: the scaling option is configured per workout. This feature only works if your scoring is based on Point per Place scoring.