Applies to: Onsite Events
Yes you can. By default, our platform supports 2 types of scoring:
- Point per Place, lowest score wins (i.e. 1st place gets 1 point, 2nd place gets 2 points, etc..)
- Table Based, where each placement has an assigned point value (i.e. 1st place gets 100 pts. You can see the default point spread here.
Global Point System
Global level scoring applies to all divisions and workouts.
To define your own global point system, go to:
- Scoring Setup to setup your global scoring system (if you want to specify a point system for a specific Division, go to that division)
- Select "By Point" scoring, this will expose another option to turn on custom scoring, set that to Use
- Next prepare your scoring breakdown. Create a spreadsheet with 2 columns. First column named Rank, second column named Points.
- Save that spreadsheet as a CSV file
- Then go back to Scoring Setup and click "Upload Custom Scoring"
- Upon a successful upload, you will see a new option called "View Point Breakdown", this allows you to view your point breakdown.
- This scoring system will apply for all divisions unless you specify a point system at the division level.
Division Level Point System
Division level scoring will always override Global Scoring.
It's quite common to have a different number of competitors in each division.
If you enable custom scoring, you also enable the ability to define a specific scoring system by division.
The file format of the point system is the same as above, the only difference is you'll upload the point system within each division.
Workout Level Point System
Workout level scoring will always override Global and Divisional Scoring.
If you cut athletes as they progress to a final workout, this allows you to adjust the scoring based on the decrease in competitors going into future workouts.
The file format of the point system is the same as above, the only difference is you'll upload the point system within each workout.