Before you start recording
- If you're using a phone, set it to airplane mode, turn off any alarms to avoid interruptions during filming.
- Ensure your filming device has enough battery life and memory to film the entire WOD.
- Ensure the perspective of camera captures all movements.
- Announce your name name, date, division, and workout.
- All equipment used must be shown (per event details).
- A timer must be in view at all times. Check out our friends at WODProof, the perfect timer / video app for virtual competitions.
If the event you are participating requires a video upload. Here are some tips:
- Plan ahead, get your videos uploaded early to avoid any unforeseen roadblocks.
- You may upload to YouTube, Vimeo, Daily Motion, Google Drive, Dropbox, iCloud, Tencent or Microsoft Drive
- Avoid the unknown getting flagged for copyright visions for any background music you may have in your video by using Google Drive, Dropbox or iCloud
- If you run into technical issues uploading to the video platform, please contact that platforms support directly. Uploading issues are outside Competition Corner's control.
Using YouTube, Vimeo or Daily Motion?
- Be aware if you have music in the background with copyright protection, it may be blocked.
- If you are new to YouTube, by default YouTube requires you to request a limit increase to upload a video longer than 15 minutes. To do so, follow the instructions in the link below - https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/71673?hl=en
- Make sure your video is set for PUBLIC or UNLISTED viewing